The unique feature of this handsome, illuminated magnifying glass is its clever folding handle for storage in drawer, bag or large pocket. When the handle's folded in, the overall footprint measures a compact 105 x 75mm/4¼"x 3", so it takes up no room on an office desktop or in a furniture drawer. Apart from making the magnifier compact and easy to carry, the folding handle allows you to control the angle at which you hold it. It's not fixed in place as is generally the case on other handheld magnifying glasses.
With its smart satin silver finish, and ergonomic black rubber-grip handle, this magnifier will grace any home or office environment. The handle slides off to reveal a space for a single AAA battery (not included). The battery powers a single LED, for comfortable white light for reading. Slide up the finger switch at top of handle to turn on light. The LED improves contrast of lettering against page background, thereby making text sharper and reading more comfortable. Optical quality rectangular lens measures 50 x 75mm (2" x 3"), 3x magnification.
- Long-life LED magnifier with 3 x 2"/7.5 x 5cm rectangular lens
- Optical quality lens, 3x magnification
- Handle folds flat into body for compact storage
- Contemporary satin silver finish
- Black rubber handle/battery compartment
- Ribbed emboss on finger switch
- Takes one AAA battery (not supplied), which fits inside rubberised handle
- Attractive gift box, brand: UltraOptix
- Perfect for books, maps, crafts and wherever magnification with additional lighting is required
- Lightweight - just 96g with battery
PRODUCT BLOG – Folding LED Magnifier
"And the award for Best Looking Magnifying Glass goes to..."
As magnifier specialists we make it our business to find products that are easy on the eye. In magnifying terms then of course we make the lens the starting point to achieve this; but some magnifiers are rather lovely items in other ways too. If there was such a thing as a product design award for Best Looking Magnifying Glass then we like to think the Folding LED would be up on that shortlist. It certainly has enough features to make it a worthy contender -
- RECTANGLULAR LENS: shatterproof 3 x 2" optical quality lens magnifies 3 times original size. The rectangular lens simulates the natural left-to-right progression we make when reading books, text and small print, as well as providing a suitable frame for viewing maps, photos and stamps, which tend to be similar in shape.
- FOLDING HANDLE: the handle folds in to the lens so it takes up less room, which makes it more compact for storage and travel. This also allows you to control the angle of the handle instead of it being fixed in place as is normally the case with most hand-held magnifying glasses.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: weighing around 130g with a soft, rubberised grip this is a comfortable magnifying glass for young and old alike. Over the long term it will prove economical because it takes just one AAA battery, which slots inside the handle.
- LED ILLUMINATION: a super bright LED shines white light over any subject and allows reading or inspection in low-light conditions. It also helps increase contrast, thereby proving helpful to many people with macular degeneration and other eye conditions.
- HI-TECH FINISH: smart black and silver two-tone styling makes this is an elegant and appealing magnifier that will draw admiring glances both on an office desk or a household to show both you and the magnifier in the very best light.
Our stock levels are generally excellent which usually enables us to process orders on the day they are received. This means that actual delivery is normally well within our target of 7 days for UK addresses and 21 days for other worldwide addresses. If there is any further delay you will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the delay is unacceptable you can cancel your order without penalty.
UK deliveries include FREE postage and packing.
Non-UK deliveries are generally subject to a delivery charge of £4.95 for goods up to £50, rising approximately £5 per £50 order value thereafter. This threshold may be different for some destinations where the costs of postage are especially high.
All goods are subject to availability but we also reserve the right to refuse to supply you with goods. We will not be liable for any compensation/damages if we do not supply you.
If we cannot supply you with an item we will refund you in full.