An environment-friendly hand-held lighted magnifier with touch control technology, an ingenious new concept in magnification from COIL, a world-leader in lens optics. Quite simply it means the magnifier illuminates as soon as the user grips the handle then turns itself off when the user lets go. As well as saving energy resources it makes life easier - and much cheaper!- for anyone who finds switches fiddly or forgets to turn them off. The rubber grip is warm to touch and fits easily into the hand making the AT Max magnifier comfortable to hold over longer periods. Wonderful to use too as it contains a special diffuser for outstanding, ultra-bright LED light transmission and pin sharp viewing through distortion-free lenses. The range includes COIL's first-ever 3x bi-aspheric rectangular lens plus larger-than-average 5x and 7x round lens options too. The only switch is an easy-push side switch for two normal AA batteries (not supplied). Supplied with a soft cloth pouch for carriage or protecting the magnifier when not in use.
- Hand held magnifier with auto 'touch illumination'
- Magnifier lights on or turns off at the touch of a hand
- No fiddly switches - great for elderly people
- Light turns off when magnifier is put down - saves on wasted batteries
- LED technology for even, bright light spread
- Round and rectangular lenses available
- Three magnification strengths 3x, 5x, 7x
- Requires 2 x AA batteries (not included)
PRODUCT BLOG – COIL Autotouch Max LED Magnifier
The switch-free magnifier with auto touch illumination
Some people who need magnifiers have limited hand dexterity so switches can be fiddly and difficult to operate. That can create two problems for those who want an illuminated magnifier. Firstly the most obvious one being how to turn the magnifier on; the second being how to turn it off. The COIL Autotouch LED Magnifier – also known as the AT Max – cleverly gets round both these problems. It has a built-in sensor which activates the light as soon as someone touches the handle, then turns it off as soon as the magnifier is put down. It means the magnifier cannot be switched on accidentally when the magnifier is being transported or when it is storage.
Batteries – even the obvious things are not always obvious
To make battery insertion easy the bottom of the handle has an embossed diagram showing how the batteries should be inserted. To open the battery compartment just press on that diagram and flip open the closure flap at the bottom. It sounds straightforward enough but here’s a strange thing: a few customers have contacted us after receiving the Autotouch to say that the light is not coming on. By coincidence the very first person who phoned us about this lived just 5 minutes walk from our premises. When one of our staff went round to help they also had the same problem until we realised that the batteries had not been inserted correctly even though the instructions were right in front of us! It just goes to show how easy it is to miss things but we hope the picture below shows how to align the batteries correctly.
- Clever magnifiers that light up when you grip the handle and turn off automatically when you let go
- Great for elderly, arthritic and people with less dexterity who may struggle with switches
- Contoured design with rubberised grip for comfort over prolonged use
- Bi-aspheric lenses minimise image distortion
- Available with 3x, 5x or 7x magnification
- Specially-designed deeper lens housing helps concentrate light onto subject
- LED light technology for wider light spread
- Round and rectangular lens options
- Requires 2 x AA batteries (not supplied)
- Protective case with drawstring included)
- Made by COIL, a leader in world optics
Our stock levels are generally excellent which usually enables us to process orders on the day they are received. This means that actual delivery is normally well within our target of 7 days for UK addresses and 21 days for other worldwide addresses. If there is any further delay you will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the delay is unacceptable you can cancel your order without penalty.
UK deliveries include FREE postage and packing.
Non-UK deliveries are generally subject to a delivery charge of £4.95 for goods up to £50, rising approximately £5 per £50 order value thereafter. This threshold may be different for some destinations where the costs of postage are especially high.
All goods are subject to availability but we also reserve the right to refuse to supply you with goods. We will not be liable for any compensation/damages if we do not supply you.
If we cannot supply you with an item we will refund you in full.