A really big hand-held magnifying glass with a huge 120mm/4¾" diameter lens, (2x magnification). Perfectly-weighted with a contoured handle for maximum user comfort, it's an ideal magnifier for viewing larger areas with minimal hand movement, thereby helping to reduce eye fatigue over longer periods. The lens also incorporates a handy little bi-focal insert, which magnifies miniature detail up to 6x original size. Stylish black/grey two-tone finish exudes style and quality - indeed this magnifier is often used by museums or galleries looking for a dependable magnifier with versatile magnification to help visitors view exhibits and displays.SAVE £2 ON NORMAL RRP £19.95
- Probably the biggest hand-held magnifier in the UK
- Features an enormous 120mm/4¾" diameter acrylic lens
- Ideal for viewing large areas of text or images
- Up to 2x magnification from main lens
- Also incorporates a small but powerful 6x bifocal lens for fine detail
- Soft-grip handle
- Shatterproof lens
- Hole in handle for neck or hand cord (not supplied) - ideal for museums and exhibitions looking for a magnifier to attach to a display
- Attractive retail blister pack
NOTE: ORDERS PLACED BETWEEN 15-25TH APRIL WILL BE DELIVERED DURING W/C 30TH APRIL
PRODUCT BLOG – Jumbo Magnifier
“Do you have a very large hand magnifying glass with very high magnification?”
That is probably the most common question we are asked but unfortunately the short answer is ‘no’. As a general rule (of physics) the larger the lens the lower the magnification so - unless NASA has one in development that we do not know about - a compromise between lens size and magnification strength may be necessary. There are some specialist medical or electronic magnifiers that might reduce the compromise you have to make but they will also greatly reduce your bank balance – by upwards of £1000. It did prompt us to start thinking, not too seriously, about some other things which – as far as we know – do not exist but perhaps they should:
Gaps in the market?
- The Tinned Fruit Cookbook
- Estate agency that shows pictures of the sellers as well as the property
- RecipePresto - you send a website all the loose ends you have in your fridge or cupboard and - hey presto! - it comes up with recipes to help you get rid of them
- Heat-your-own Espresso to go (or does it exist?)
- Stick-on universal wing mirror that fits any car
- Series of greetings cards for skin artists themed ‘Happy Birthday Tattoo You’
Does big mean better?
No - the key in choosing a magnifying glass is to find the one that is right for you. Our Jumbo Magnifier enables the user to view large areas of text, pictures, maps and photos, without having to keep moving the lens up, down or across the page. In this respect it's a very good magnifier to keep the user engaged with the subject matter, which is probably why it's been a favourite in museums, galleries, libraries and records offices.
Our stock levels are generally excellent which usually enables us to process orders on the day they are received. This means that actual delivery is normally well within our target of 7 days for UK addresses and 21 days for other worldwide addresses. If there is any further delay you will be notified by e-mail or phone. If the delay is unacceptable you can cancel your order without penalty.
UK deliveries include FREE postage and packing.
Non-UK deliveries are generally subject to a delivery charge of £4.95 for goods up to £50, rising approximately £5 per £50 order value thereafter. This threshold may be different for some destinations where the costs of postage are especially high.
All goods are subject to availability but we also reserve the right to refuse to supply you with goods. We will not be liable for any compensation/damages if we do not supply you.
If we cannot supply you with an item we will refund you in full.